Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas memories...


Well, it's the day after Christmas....it's pretty quiet around here now as it's just Ethan and myself here at home. Victoria is with her friend, Camille and Virg has gone up to Toronto with my dad for the hockey game toronto vs Montreal. Ethan is still lounging in his new Christmas eve pjs playing XBox as I sit here playing on the laptop. Christmas although it was a rainy day was sunshine here inside!! We enjoyed a Christmas eve celebration with Virg`s family with lots of good food and church service at 9pm. The kids were very happy to have their cousins there for that night as originally it didn`t look like they`d be down. Victoria was the first one up and woke up her brother and then us around 7:30am. we opened stockings and the rest of my family arrived around 9am. After opening gifts it was time for a big breakfast at the diningroom table...naps in the afternoon and then a huge turkey dinner around 6.
I thought a lot about Amanda and Joe and how different their Christmas would be this year....continuing to keep them in our prayers and hearts. The message I really heard this year was that although God doesn`t promise to put a `bandaid` on all the things that can happen in your life, he does promise to always be there for you and with you. It`s good to know you`re not alone in this world...we can`t control what happens in our life but we can decide how to act and make choices.
With the new year about to begin I`ll soon have to think of my word for the year...things I`m looking forward to in 2010....travels, creativity, learning, faith, friendships, high school for Ethan...change is one of the most definite aspects of life:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment