Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Thus begins April showers….

Well looks like this will be the week for April showers, so I'll post this happy picture from Easter last weekend at the cottage.  We had beautiful weather and really enjoyed our time out there.  For Sunday dinner we had 17 and loved that so many family were able to make it.  We had the works…turkey, ham, potatoes, squash…  The day before Virg and I spent quite a bit of time outside doing cleanup.  There were leaves to gather and burn, mud and dirt caked around the cottage and I tried to get as much done for the meal the day before to help relieve the load for Sunday.  Victoria made the stuffing all on her own and was very proud of the results, as were the rest of us since there were no leftovers in the dish!!!  The Monday was a day off school for the kids so we had Tamara and Lily sleepover and in the morning the 2 Moms did our run:) to help burn off some of the meal from the day before and prepare for the Le Chocolat race coming up May 4th!!

Running is something I've learned to enjoy…more often after I'm done:)  I like the fact that I'm no longer huffing and puffing for 20 minutes after I've finished and can see how it ends up being a nice stress reliever as well. I have never thought of or seen myself as athletic but have to admit I'm catching a glimpse of a gal who finds herself looking forward to the days when it's a "run" day…who would have thought??!!

This weekend coming up is free scrapbooking 101 classes at Michaels on Saturday so will be looking forward to that as well as a surprise birthday party Friday night…and keeping fingers crossed for nice, cool weather for Sunday's race…wish me luck!


0 comments:

Post a Comment