Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One Little Word 2014

  Well, the end of another year and what a year it has been.....this year has brought 3 weddings and a funeral and a birth....all of which we had no idea was happening at the beginning of this year!!  It was with many different emotions that we experienced these events...and as a family and as a person, there was a lot of learning going on.  I think the biggest word/phrase I've taken away from these specific experiences is...letting go....  In the big scheme of things we really have no control over so much of what happens and that can be ok.  On the opposite, I really learned that there are some things that I can control, if only for a period of time.  

   I have really become more confident in my abilities in certain areas of my life...most importantly my health.  It's been a matter of choice...and that IS all up to me (for the time being with God's blessing:) What I eat, why I eat and how much...it's not easy sometimes but the reward is always better.  I feel better...more energy, less sick days and it's wonderful to see that it can be such a positive example for my kids.  I have started running (and I am NOT a runner!!) and made the big leap and signed up for a 5K in May.  Even Virg has jumped onboard as well!
When I look back on my word for 2013 ACCOMPLISH I really am aware of how that impacted my choices.  Thinking about what would this accomplish.....  When I set myself up to achieve certain goals I went with what I knew would help me to accomplish the end result I wanted.

The last few weeks I've been thinking about what word would be mine for 2014...


make

I found a manifesto of sorts from Uppercase Magazine and the word was there....

I printed it out and will frame it for my creative space upstairs:)


We are excited to be going to the Outdoor Classic Hockey game tomorrow...we will have to dress very warmly!!!

Looking forward to making my word work for me again in 2014.


0 comments:

Post a Comment